ExpandIT Backup Utility
Here you will find everything you need to download, try and buy the latest version of this program. Download the setup program and run it to install the product.
ExpandIT Backup Utility facilitates using the build-in NAV/Navision backup which checks consistency between the NAV table set and the SQL Server table set. If you are not 100% certain that no one or nothing can access and modify/delete tables in your SQL Server, then this is a relevant utility. As a bonus it also allows you to restore a single company.
How to buy?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The downloaded product will run in demonstration mode until a valid license is installed.
Both standard, professional and enterprise features are available in demonstration mode.
The functionality of the unregistered version is limited to backing up data common to all companies and application objects. Companies are not included in the backups no matter what the settings in the .zup-file are.
Setup Program: BackupSetup_10_0_0_1115.zip
Please remember to right click and ‘Unblock’ the .chm file after you have downloaded and extracted it.
ExpandIT Backup Utility Guide
ExpandIT Backup Utility fact sheet EN
ExpandIT Backup Utility fact sheet DE
ExpandIT Backup Utility fact sheet DK
ExpandIT Utilities support all supported versions of Windows.
ExpandIT Backup Utility 188.8.131.523 supports NAV 2017 and NAV 2018.
For support please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Screenshot of the error.
- Description of how the error was produced.
- Logfile [c:\Program Files\ExpandIT\Backup Utility\EBU(DATE).log].
- Software version (build version of ebackup.exe).
- The *.ini file, which causes the error.
- Info file from the computer.
184.108.40.2063 -> 10.0.0.115 (2019-10-07)
- Support for Business Central On Premise
220.127.116.112 -> 18.104.22.1683 (2019-08-15)
- Added workaround for “Invalid procedure call or argument” error, caused by Microsoft Security Update (KB4512501/KB4512488/KB4512489/KB4512506/KB4512486).
- Support for NAV 2017 and NAV 2018
22.214.171.1249 -> 126.96.36.1992 (2019-03-22)
- Can now connect directly to NAV Server Tier (For NAV 2013R2 and later). This can solve Direct Data Access issue caused by some V1 Extensions
188.8.131.523 -> 184.108.40.2069 (2017-12-13)
- New configuration setting “Individual Log Files”, which will create individual log-files for each .ini-file
- Improved advanced debugging
220.127.116.111 -> 18.104.22.1683 (2015-12-01)
- Support for NAV 2016.
- Fix for problem with macros (%Time%, %Date%, etc) in filenames.
22.214.171.1240 -> 126.96.36.1991 (2015-04-10)
- Now includes Restore Utility with support for NAV 2013 R2 and NAV 2015
- Improved error handling on NAV 2013 R2 and NAV 2015
188.8.131.524 -> 184.108.40.2060 (2015-02-02)
- Support for NAV 2013 R2 and NAV 2015
- Restore Utility and Database Tester not yet included in this release
220.127.116.115 -> 18.104.22.1684 (2013-08-21)
- Fix for encoding issue.
22.214.171.1244 -> 126.96.36.1995 (2013-06-12)
- Database Tester now uses the Backup Utility enterprise license.
188.8.131.527 -> 184.108.40.2064 (2013-04-08)
- Minor updates.
220.127.116.111 -> 18.104.22.1687 (2013-02-05)
- Support for Dynamics NAV 2013 R1.
- Support for Windows 8.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 and SQL-Server 2012.
22.214.171.1249 -> 126.96.36.1991 (2011-07-01)
- Support for Dynamics NAV 2009 R2.
- Improved dialogs when running with high screen DPI setting.
- SSL support for sending status emails.
188.8.131.527 -> 184.108.40.2069 (2009-12-07)
- Support for Windows Server 2008 R2.
220.127.116.119 -> 18.104.22.1687 (2009-11-30)
- Support for NAV 2009 SP1.
- Support for Windows 7.
22.214.171.1245 -> 126.96.36.1999 (2008-12-09)
- NAV 2009 ready.
188.8.131.528 -> 184.108.40.2065 (2008-08-11)
- Set priority on status mails.
- Template based status mails.
- Support for Windows Server 2008.
- Support for Dynamics Entrepreneur edition.
- Support for Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 edition.
220.127.116.113 -> 18.104.22.1688
- NAV Client language detection changed to support installations where the Windows locale does not have a matching NAV language folder.
22.214.171.1243 -> 126.96.36.1993
- Support for scheduling in Windows Vista.
- Compression of attachment log files.
- Forcing NAV temp file location.
- Support for Windows authentication when connecting to native database servers.
188.8.131.520 -> 184.108.40.2063
- Enterprise edition with restore functionality added.
- Experimental support for Windows Vista.
- Support for Dynamics NAV 5.0.
- Name of ini-file included in mail subject when sending emails.
- Create command line for scheduling the job.
- New version 4 license is required to run this version.
- Aware of Client Control installations.
- Specify a port number for your SMTP server.
3.0 -> 220.127.116.110
- Localization of scheduling feature. Creation of scheduled tasks from the menu only worked for English operating systems prior to this release.
2.2 -> 3.0
- New %BACKUPBASIC% file name macro has been introduced.
- Support for Navision 4.0 SP1.
- Support for basic SMTP server authentication when sending emails.
- Create scheduled tasks automatically. The program now has a scheduling menu that integrates with the Windows Scheduler.
- Advanced feature that allows the user to override the Navision executable or the complete command line used to launch the Navision client.
- Requires version 3.0 license. Licenses for earlier versions will not work with this version.
- Instance check is not longer default. The old NoInstanceCheck command line parameter has been replaced with InstanceCheck to reverse the default behavior.
- Detects installations with ExpandIT Client Control if the original fin.exe was renamed to fin2.exe and replaced by ecc.exe. The program will detect that the original file name of fin.exe or finsql.exe was ecc.exe or eccsql.exe. Fin2.exe or fin2sql.exe will be launched instead.
- Support for the TCPS protocol.
- Option to send status emails in text only format for better SMS readability.
2.1f -> 2.2
- Support for Navision 4.0.
2.1e -> 2.1f
- Naming of compressed multipart backups changed to avoid problems with macro based file names.
- Offset problem with weekday and weekday names fixed.
2.1d -> 2.1e
- Quick help feature added.
- Improved error handling.
- Experimental ZUP file feature.
- Zipping large backups fixed.
- Removes temporary files.
2.1c -> 2.1d
- Support for Navision 3.70.
- Better support for Polish users.
2.1b -> 2.1c
- Zip multipart backups.
- New filename macros in pro. version: WEEKDAY, WEEKDAYNAME, SHORTWEEKDAYNAME, YEAR, MONTH, DAY.
- Removes unused temp files.
- Flickering dialogs when using large fonts has been fixed.
2.1 -> 2.1b
- Support for Microsoft Navision Attain 3.60.
2.0 -> 2.1
- Professional version introduced.
- Improved compatibility with Navision Attain.
- %COUNTER% can be used in backup file names to increment a counter as part of the name (pro).
- Location of the log file can be changed (professional).
- Support for the system “Event Log” (professional).
- Zip backup files (professional).
- Run a program on success (professional).
- Run a program on error (professional).
- License Note
- Users with a license for version 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x or 8.x will have to upgrade in order to run version 9.x. For upgrading please contact your ExpandIT Reseller.